Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Melawati Ramadan Bazaar, Taman Melawati, Malaysia






















I've been hearing for a while now from local friends that the food at the Taman Melawati Ramadan Bazaar is the best in town. Finally yesterday I made it over there. There is stall upon stall of local food with the speciality seeming to be barbecued meats. It took me an hour just wandering around the rows before I even made a purchase. There is so much choice - it was a wonderful experience just seeing all of the dishes available and chatting with the friendly chefs. I couldn't help but sample a wide selection and brought enough home to feed hubby and myself for the rest of the week :-) My top picks are the tandoori chicken and the freshly made cane juice. The barbecued chicken wings come in at a close second. Best to get there right at four o'clock before it gets too crowded.

Taman Melawati Ramadan Bazaar
Jalan Bandar Melawati
53100 Kuala Lumpur
Malaysia

No comments:

Post a Comment