Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies...No, I mean it!

So everyone always says they have the best chocolate chip cookie recipe, and to give credit where credit is due, some are pretty darn good...that is until my daughter's friend Sharley gave us a recipe for cookies that were delicious!  Of course, being the closet-iron chef that I am, I had to play with the recipe to see what would happen, and they are truly the best chocolate chip cookie I have ever had, even if I do say so myself.  I used dark chocolate chunks because I love dark chocolate and it is good for your heart (my justification to eat more cookies), but you can use whatever chocolate chip your heart and taste buds desire.  Those of you without allergies, this recipe works great with all purpose flour too.  So get yourself a quart of really cold milk, bake these treats tonight and see just how long they last in your house!

Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
1 package of instant vanilla pudding (4 ounce)
2 eggs
2 1/4 cup flour (I use 1 1/2 cups flour blend, 1/2 cup sorghum flour, 1/4 cup almond flour)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
1- 12 ounce package chocolate chips
1 cup nuts, chopped (I used walnuts, but pecans are yummy too)
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

In a stand mixer bowl, cream butter, brown sugar, honey, vanilla and pudding mix until well blended.  Beat in eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.  In a separate bowl, combine flours, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.  Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture until well mixed.  Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.

Drop rounded teaspoons of dough on cookie sheet 2 inches apart.  Using a fork dipped in sugar, press cookies down slightly with a cross-hatch design.  Bake 9-11 minutes.  Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute, then transfer to cooling rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment